Monday, 25 February 2013

February 25, 2013

Hello, So sounds like I have another 6 weeeks in the south. Maybe I´ll get to see a little bit of the winter before I get out of here. The weather has been pretty strange here, but no where near as strange as snow in phoenix??? Thats incredible. I´m slightly jealous. I don´t think I will be saying that in a few weeks though. This morning we woke up and there was fog covering the entire island. It was pretty crazy. In other news we have had a lot of success here finally. We have 4 investigators right now and all of them are going to church. 2 of them are from bolivia and are going to get married so they both can get baptized and the other is dating a member and they are living together and they are going to get married and she will be batpized this saturday. There was a baptism in our chapel this last week and the water comes out of the faucet a little green, but that is okay. The good news is that its hot water so they dont have to freeze to death for there salvation. So we are working hard trying to find more and more to teach because everything goes a lot faster and a lot easier when we have things to do. Also, we walk a lot less when there are things to do, i mean im greatful for the leg muscles I have received but, im good where I am, I´d rather walk less. I have learned a lot this week about the importance all the members of the church have to share the gospel. It´s really important that everyone in the world gets the opportunity to receive the truth. That means us as missionaries and members of the church have a great duty to do. I was pondering on that the other day, and I was think about how sad it would be if we get the day of final judgement and find ourselves with one of our friends, and they come to as and ask us, "Why didn´t you at least invite me to your church, why didn´t you give me the opportunity to know the truth." I don´t know if it would be easy to explain to them. I don´t know, I just hope that everyone can remember their duties as members of the church and share the gospel with all those we know. Even those who are already members, just lost on their paths. Alma 4:3-5 I love you all, hope you have a great week, dont forget to read and pray every day! It´s very important in these days! We need to do it now more than ever. Love, Elder Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment